Join us for two days of sessions from November 18-19, 2020 for our Public Finance Conference.
Day two features a discussion on enduring pandemic-driven credit trends and offers a chance to engage with Moody’s senior public finance leaders on the key risks within their sectors.
3:00 PM - Opening Remarks
3:10 PM - What’s next? Credit in the shift from expansion to recovery
After 10 years of economic expansion, the credit environment in the US has shifted gears with astonishing rapidity. The coronavirus crisis and ensuing recession will lead to fundamental shifts in some things we have come to take for granted, like the irresistibility of cities (or will it?), intensify issues already evident such as income disparities and increase overall credit uncertainty over the near term. This panel will address assessing the permanency and transience of some public finance credit trends through this cycle.
- Marcia Van Wagner, Vice President – Senior Credit Officer, State Ratings, US Public Finance (Moderator)
- Earl Heffintrayer, Vice President – Senior Analyst, Public & Project Infrastructure Finance, Moody’s Investors Service
- Rachael McDonald, Vice President – Senior Credit Officer, US Housing Finance & State Revolving Funds, US Public Finance, Moody’s Investors Service
- Vikram Rai, Managing Director & Head of Municipal Strategy, Citigroup Global Markets, Inc
- Atsi Sheth, Managing Director, Credit Strategy, Moody’s Investors Service
4:00 PM - Moody’s Public Finance senior leaders roundtable
Moody’s senior leaders will briefly discuss the key credit challenges facing the states, local governments, infrastructure, healthcare, higher education and housing sectors, followed by questions from conference attendees. What are the credit implications for public finance from the recent elections? What are Moody’s latest insights on the ties between legal security and fundamental credit risk? How has cyber risk evolved?
- Naomi Richman, Senior Vice President, US Public Finance, Moody’s Investors Service (Moderator)
- Timothy Blake, Managing Director, States Ratings, US Public Finance, Moody’s Investors Service
- Leonard Jones, Managing Director, Local Governments, US Public Finance, Moody’s Investors Service
- Kurt Krummenacker, Senior Vice President, Public & Project Infrastructure Finance, Moody’s Investors Service
- Alexandra Parker, Managing Director, Local Governments, US Public Finance, Moody’s Investors Service
- Kendra Smith, Managing Director, Healthcare, Higher Education & Housing, US Public Finance, Moody’s Investors Service
US Public Finance Conference: Day I - November 18: