Join us for two days of sessions from November 18-19, 2020 for our Public Finance Conference.
Day one explores the data and analytical innovations that drive forward-looking credit analysis and how climate change, evolving social and governance issues impact credit quality.
3:00 PM Opening Remarks
- Michael Rowan, Managing Director, US Public Finance, Moody’s Investors Service
3:10 PM - Keynote Conversation: Moody’s & the markets: the future of credit and risk analysis
How do we predict the credit risks of the future? Can big data and technology help to forecast unknown risks? Are there new resources that can help inform municipal credit analysis? Join Moody’s Chief Operating Officer to discuss new initiatives in our assessment and analysis of traditional financial and economic factors, ESG factors and current and emerging risks.
- Rob Fauber, Incoming CEO & President, Moody’s Corporation
- Gail Sussman, Senior Vice President, US Public Finance
4:00 PM - ESG Innovation: data informed, qualitatively driven risk analysis
Moody’s approach to incorporating environmental, social, and governance considerations into our credit ratings is an innovative mix of data driven analysis and qualitative assessments. The panel will provide a diversity of viewpoints on how data can be used to drive ESG analysis, from determining risk to making investment decisions. Representatives from Moody’s will review our proposed ESG risk scores, and the data that informs those scores. Four Twenty Seven, an affiliate of Moody’s, will do a deep dive into the data they use to assess environmental risks. The Ford Foundation will tackle the question from the perspective of both a major investor, with a $14 billion endowment, and as an issuer of one of the largest social bonds ever, $1 billion to provide funds for nonprofits impacted by the pandemic.
- Susan Fitzgerald, Associate Managing Director, US Public Finance, Moody’s Investors Service (Moderator)
- Emilie Mazzacurati, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Four Twenty Seven
- Mai-Anh Tran, Chief Financial Officer, Ford Foundation
- Nick Samuels, VP-Senior Credit Officer, States Ratings, US Public Finance, Moody’s Investors Service
- Adebola Kushimo, Vice President, Local Governments, US Public Finance, Moody’s Investors Service
US Public Finance Conference: Day II - November 19: