The replay of this event is now available on-demand. Please register to access the replay.
On Thursday, 29 April, we will discuss India, Philippines, Papa New Guinea, Fiji, and Maldives.
Credit implications of high infection rates in India and the Philippines
• How will the economies fare in light of the latest surges and related containment measures?
• What are the prospects for fiscal and debt consolidation?
• How will the outlook for vaccination affect growth prospects?
Drivers behind the negative outlook on Papua New Guinea’s B2 rating
• What are the drivers of the negative outlook and triggers for future rating decisions?
• What are the most significant risks to PNG’s worsening fiscal position due to the pandemic?
• How could development partner assistance mitigate further risks?
• What are the medium-term prospects for PNG’s credit profile given recent agreements on natural resource projects?
Update on tourism-dependent economies: Fiji and Maldives
• How have the start of the global vaccine drive and uneven regional economic recovery thus far affected our tourism outlook for the region?
• What factors will determine the credit impact of the global tourism downturn?
• How has the tourism shortfall affected government liquidity?
From the Moody's Sovereign Risk Group
Led by Gene Fang, Associate Managing Director
• Christian de Guzman, Senior Vice President
• Nishad Majmudar, Assistant Vice President - Analyst
• Michael Higgins, Analyst
For any queries, please email [email protected].
Access the full list of Moody's live events and on-demand content here