Thames Water, the largest water company in the UK with 15 million customers, has frequently been in the news for the wrong reasons. Recently appointed CEO Sarah Bentley admits that performance has been poor and its reputation has suffered. At the same time, over half of the shareholder base has changed over the last few years, with no equity dividends paid during that time. While solving operational issues will remain the near-term focus, in the longer term, the company believes it has a key role to play in addressing the sector’s climate change challenges and shaping the future through energy transition, managing water scarcity and its impact on the broader community.
Join Moody’s for a fireside chat with Sarah to understand:
- Where Thames Water is today
- How the operational turnaround plan to fix the basics, raise the bar and shape the future will deliver
- The opportunities and challenges in ESG
- Thames’ views on the regulatory direction of travel
- Whether the company believes its capital structure is still appropriate