In this webinar we will explore how COVID – 19 has impacted different economic sectors across Nordics. We will also discuss what kind of risks and challenges Nordic banks are facing, interaction with ESG topics and implications for stress testing. We will present new COVID -19 methodologies that can be useful in adjusting risk parameters used in credit forecasting for stress testing and IFRS 9 impairment.
Topics covered include:
- Brief overview of the outlook for Nordic Banks
- Banking sector outlooks for the Nordics
- Impact on asset quality and profitability
- Lower for longer interest rates
- Credit risk impact of COVID-19 on corporate industries
- Which industries have been impacted most severely and which ones more mildly (what the market is telling us)?
- How can banks reflect the COVID-19 impact on borrowers’ ratings in the absence of up to date credit data?
- What is the impact of Fiscal and Monetary stimuli? How to overlay existing models to navigate pandemic pathways?
- A case study of credit parameter projections for portfolio management, IFRS 9 and Stress Testing.
- ESG and Climate Risk Focus – Credit after COVID
- Enriching data with ESG and Climate Risk drivers
- Integrating ESGC into credit risk models
Petra Vilkovska, Director - Relationship Manager, Moody's Analytics (Moderator)
Louise Lundberg, Vice President - Senior Credit Officer, Moody's Investors Service
Metin Epozdemir, Director - Solutions Specialist, Moody's Analytics
Leonardo Checchi, Director - Solutions Specialist, Moody's Analytics