As Nigeria is battling against a severe recession mostly due to the consequences of the coronavirus outbreak and the drop in oil prices, our guest speakers Andrew Alli, Partner and Group CEO of Southbridge Group, Chinua Azubike, Chief Executive Officer, InfraCredit and Fungai Tarirah, Portfolio Manager, Rudiarius Capital Management discussed alongside Moody's analyst's how the pandemic will affect the public and the private sectors and its negative impacts on economic activity, public finance and external vulnerability.
13:30 Opening Remarks
Antonello Aquino, Associate Managing Director, Financial Institution Group
13:35 Nigeria amid the most severe recession in decades
Keynote interview with Andrew Alli, Partner and Group CEO Southbridge Group alongside Aurelien Mali, Vice President – Senior Credit Officer, Sovereign Risk Group.
• How is Nigeria is coping with the pandemic shock?
• What are the implications for the country’s investment needs and financing?
• What are the likely long-lasting impacts of the crisis for Nigeria and Sub-Saharan Africa?
Moderated by: Marie Diron, Managing Director, Sovereign Risk Group
14:15 Credit implications of COVID-19 and low oil prices on Nigerian corporates and infrastructure sector
• Local and international debt issuance trends
• Credit impacts of Naira weakness and dollar scarcity
• Infrastructure development priorities within Nigeria
• Key funding and financing challenges
• Role of Financial guarantors, multilateral development banks and local institutional investors in providing finance
Moderator: Kevin Maddick, Associate Managing Director, Project and Infrastructure Finance Group
Andrew Alli, Partner and Group CEO Southbridge Group
Chinua Azubike, Chief Executive Officer, InfraCredit
Dion Bate, Vice President – Senior Analyst, Corporate Finance Group
Kunal Govindia, Vice President – Senior Analyst, Public, Project and Infrastructure Finance Group
14:45 How are African and Nigerian banks faring in the midst of the continent’s worst recession?
• Moody’s actions across African banks during the pandemic
• Nigerian banks’ key pressure points: a comparison across banking systems and time
• FX scarcity and implications for Nigerian banks
Moderator: Antonello Aquino, Associate Managing Director, Financial Institution Group
Fungai Tarirah, Portfolio Manager, Rudiarius Capital Management
Peter Mushangwe, Analyst, Financial Institutions Group
Constantinos Kypreos, Senior Vice President, Financial Institutions Group
15:15 End of webinar