Emerging markets will record long-lasting revenue loss amid the coronavirus crisis. Once economies start to recover, EM governments’ capacity to implement revenue-raising measures will be a key determinant of creditworthiness.
What will be discussed:
- The impact of the coronavirus crisis on EM governments’ revenue
- Why revenue generation is a key credit consideration for emerging markets
- How broadening the tax base will be challenging, even as economies recover from 2020 lows
- Rahul Ghosh, Senior Vice President, Emerging Markets (Moderator)
- Lucie Villa, Vice President - Senior Credit Officer, Sovereign Risk Group
- Raphaele Auberty, Associate Analyst, Ratings and Research