Moody's will host a webinar on Thursday, 22 October 2020 at 12:00 BST / 14:00 MSK with an update on Russia.
Note: The registration for this event will close 36 hours before the event due to legal requirements.
Moody’s analysts will discuss the credit environment and the prospects for sovereign, banking and corporates ratings in the region amidst the current global crisis.
14:00 - 14:30 (MSK) Sovereign Session: Russia: Resilient credit profile amid heightened uncertainty around Covid-oil shock and sanction risks
- Update on Russia’s resilience to the Covid-oil shock;
- Medium term implications of the dual shock for Russia’s credit profile;
- Geopolitics back in focus: how we view the sanctions risk.
Evan Wohlmann, Vice President – Senior Credit Officer, Sovereign Risk Group, Moody’s Investors Service
14:30 - 15:00 (MSK) Banking Session: Russian banks: Coping with the coronavirus and oil shock
- Outlook for the system is negative due to pandemic and oil price shock;
- Capital and liquidity buffers are robust;
- Government and central bank actions have softened the impact of coronavirus;
- Second wave of pandemic is the key risk for Russian banks.
Olga Ulyanova, Vice President - Senior Credit Officer, Financial Institutions Group, Moody’s Investors Service
15:00 - 15:30 (MSK) Corporates Session: Russian rated non-financial corporates will remain resilient to coronavirus-oil price crisis, but not immune to global shocks
- Credit impact of covid/oil price shock on rated corporates;
- Sector Heat map and key themes for 2021;
- Liquidity and default expectations for 2021;
- Q&A session with analysts.
Victoria Maisuradze, Associate Managing Director, Head of Russia & CIS Corporates, Moody’s Investors Service
MODERATOR: Yaroslav Sovgyra, Associate Managing Director, Head of Russia & CIS Banking, Moody’s Investors Service