As part of Saudi Arabia’s reform measures, the Government is seeking to deepen the domestic debt capital markets. More specifically, further developing the debt capital markets is a strategic focus of the Saudi Government and the National Debt Management Center under Vision 2030. Credit ratings enhance transparency and efficiency in debt capital markets by reducing the information asymmetry between borrowers and lenders. In tandem with this focus, Moody’s has recently introduced National Scale Ratings in Saudi Arabia. Moody’s hosted a webinar to discuss the recently introduced National Scale Ratings and Scale, and some recently assigned NSRs in Saudi Arabia, in the context of the Saudi Arabian market.
- Opening remarks: David Aldrich, Managing Director, Emerging Markets and Global Sovereigns
- Key note: Mr. Fahad Al-Saif, Chief Executive Officer, National Debt Management Center
- What is NSRs? David Staples, Managing Director, Corporate Finance Group
- NSRs from a Sovereign perspective: Thaddeus Best, Sovereign Analyst, Saudi Arabia
- NSRs from a Banking perspective: Ashraf Madani, Lead Analyst, Saudi Banks