This webinar is now available on-demand. Please register to access the replay.
On Thursday 8 October, we discussed China, Sri Lanka and Moody's proposed ESG scoring to sovereign credit analysis.
Behind China's A1 rating affirmation and stable outlook
• What are the credit-related consequences of the coronavirus pandemic?
• How are the relevant shocks being addressed?
• How is the government and its intuitions mitigating the risks from rising public sector debt and slowing growth?
Breaking down Sri Lanka's downgrade to Caa1
• Can Sri Lanka continue to meet its external debt obligations in light of tight financing conditions and ongoing fiscal deterioration?
• What are the prospects for reform amid political transition and the ongoing coronavirus shock?
Introducing ESG scoring to sovereign credit analysis
• How is Moody’s proposing to assess ESG risks and how is it different from the current approach?
• How will the approach be applied to sovereign ratings and can it lead to any rating changes?
• Christian de Guzman, Senior Vice President, Sovereign Risk Group (Moderator)
• Daniel Marty, Vice President - Senior Analyst, Methodology Development Group
• Martin Petch, Vice President - Senior Credit Officer, Sovereign Risk Group
• Michael Higgins, Analyst, Sovereign Risk Group
For any queries, please email [email protected].
Access the full list of Moody's live events and on-demand content here.