Moody's hosted a webinar on Wednesday, September 30 to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on office space.
The COVID-19 crisis forced wide swaths of the economy to adopt remote working policies. Some big firms appear to be planning to cut down on their need for office space in the future, but there are opposing views.
- Will COVID-19 have lasting effects that reallocate demand for office space away from CBDs towards less dense areas?
- How will office landlords respond? How are they doing right now, in the short run, as physical occupancy remains relatively low?
- What will determine whether office space in certain areas remains viable? Are demand drivers different across geographies? How will other related trends like the rise of logistics and e-commerce affect these assessments?
- Cristina Pieretti, Managing Director-Head of REIS, Moody’s Analytics REIS (Moderator)
- Keith Banhazl, Managing Director, CMBS Surveillance & CRE CLOs, Moody’s Investors Service
- Victor Calanog PhD, Head of CRE Economics, Moody’s Analytics REIS
- Douglas T. Linde, President & Director, Boston Properties
- Ranjini Venkatesan, Vice President-Senior Analyst, CRE-REITs, Moody’s Investors Service
Please register to access the replay and slides.