Moody's analysts and our guest speaker Sheila M’Mbijjewe, Deputy Governor, Central Bank of Kenya, discussed and shared their insights into what lies ahead for East Africa after the pandemic.
09:00 - Opening Remarks and Introductions
Marie Diron, Managing Director, Sovereign Risk Group
09:05 - Keynote interview with Sheila M’Mbijjewe, Deputy Governor, Central Bank of Kenya and Marie Diron, Managing Director, Sovereign Risk Group
• Exploring the impact of the covid-19 crisis on Kenya’s economy and short-and medium-term prospects
• Measures taken by the central bank and other policymakers to soften the impact
09:30 - How Covid-19 is affecting Moody’s assessment of credit risk in Kenya
• Dissecting the economic and financial impact and the implications for government finances
• Discussing how the key financial metrics of Kenyan Banks will change following the pandemic
• Financing sustainable infrastructure in Kenya
Moderator: Antonello Aquino, Associate Managing Director, Financial Institutions Group
David Rogovic, Vice President - Senior Analyst, Sovereign Risk Group
Christos Theofilou, Vice President - Senior Analyst, Financial Institutions Group
Christopher Bredholt, Vice President - Senior Credit Officer, Project and Infrastructure Finance Group
10:00 - Focus on East Africa and the post-coronavirus recovery
A Moody’s panel of experts explore the implications for growth, government finances and the banking/corporate sectors in neighbouring East African economies of Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda and Ethiopia.
Moderated by: Matt Robinson, Associate Managing Director, Sovereign Risk Group with panellists from Moody's Sovereign Risk, Financial Institutions, Corporate Finance groups.
10:30 - End of Webinar