On Thursday 3 September, join us as we take a closer look at Singapore, ASEAN economies and the biggest emerging markets
Breaking down the debt dynamics of the largest emerging market sovereigns
• How will debt and debt affordability evolve for these EMs as a result of the coronavirus pandemic?
• What are the additional sources of downside risks to the EM debt trajectory?
• What are the main points of differentiation among EM sovereigns beyond the immediate pandemic shock?
Credit implications of ASEAN’s historically severe second quarter contraction
• How have the large declines in economic activity in the region been incorporated into our forecasts?
• What are the latest views on the shape of the recovery, and how will it impact credit profiles?
• Have expectations regarding policy support changed?
Update on Singapore’s credit profile
• Can Singapore’s export-oriented economy weather a prolonged weakness in external demand?
• What is the impact of Singapore’s large countercyclical stimulus on the government’s fiscal strength?
• How has the recent general elections impacted the overall credit profile?
From Sovereign Risk Group
Gene Fang, Associate Managing Director (Moderator)
Christian de Guzman, Senior Vice President
Anushka Shah, Vice President-Senior Analyst
Christian Fang, Assistant Vice President-Analyst