The coronavirus pandemic has led to an uncertain environment for global universities. From travel bans that restrict movement of students to uncertainty on the status of how courses will be delivered, universities face a number of challenges. Pressures vary from country to country with varying levels of credit impacts.
What will be discussed:
- Risk stemming from travel restrictions on international students
- Expected impacts to tuition, donations and research funding
- Forecast of public funding and government support
- Rise in global competition as online courses become more common
- Inherent sector strengths which will support mitigation efforts
- Michael Yake, VP-Senior Credit Officer, Sub-Sovereign, Moody's Investors Service
- Adam Hardi, VP-Senior Analyst, Sub-Sovereign, Moody's Investors Service
- Edward Demetry, Analyst, Sub-Sovereign, Moody's Investors Service
- Debra Roane, VP-Senior Credit Officer, PPIF/Higher Education, Moody's Investors Service
- Susan Fitzgerald, Associate Managing Director - Public Finance, Higher Education and Not-For-Profit, Moody's Investors Service
The webinar will last approximately 60 minutes and will include Q&A.