Moody's held an interactive discussion with Jamie Woodwell, Vice President, Research and Economics at the Mortgage Bankers Association, to discuss the latest trends for loans supported by multifamily and commercial properties, given COVID-19.
- The CMBS market is reflecting enormous distress, particularly for hotel and retail loans, at an unprecedented case. Is the same true for other lender types?
- As recently as February we were expecting close to a 10% growth in MF/CRE issuance across lender types – on top of 2019’s record breaking year of over $600 billion. What should we expect for 2020 and 2021?
- How is the industry handling distressed loans? Is there some form of relief in sight, and how well are government support programs working?
- What are the key differences between this crisis, for the CRE debt market, versus 2008-2009? What are the prospects for recovery?
- Cristina Pieretti, Managing Director-Head of REIS, Moody’s Analytics REIS (Moderator)
- Keith Banhazl, Managing Director, CMBS Surveillance & CRE CLOs, Moody’s Investors Service
- Christina Boni, Vice President-Sr Credit Officer, Corporate Finance, Moody's Investors Service
- Victor Calanog PhD, Head of CRE Economics, Moody’s Analytics REIS
- Jamie Woodwell, Vice President, Research and Economics, Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA)