This webinar is now available on-demand. Please register to access the replay.
On Thursday 9th July, we discussed Australia, Fiji, Laos, Taiwan.
Behind Australia’s Aaa rating affirmation and stable outlook
• How resilient is the economy to structural challenges beyond the immediate coronavirus shock?
• What are the mitigating factors to the expected rapid increase in government debt?
Behind Fiji and Laos’ negative rating actions
• How does coronavirus magnify the challenges to Laos’ credit profile?
• What are the key risks and mitigating factors of a sustained drop in tourism for Fiji?
Taiwan’s Aa3 stable credit profile remains intact through cyclical downturn
• How resilient is the export-oriented manufacturing sector during the pandemic?
• How has the government responded to weaker economic activity?
• How do these policies tie into longer-term structural reform?
From the Sovereign Risk Group
Gene Fang, Associate Managing Director (Moderator)
Martin Petch, VP-Senior Credit Officer
Christian Fang, AVP-Analyst
Michael Higgins, Analyst
For any queries, please email [email protected].
Access the full list of Moody's live events and on-demand content here.