Moody's will host a monthly webinar to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the US Housing & Housing Finance sector.
We hosted a webinar on June 22 at 1:30 PM ET | 10:30 AM PT to discuss the next chapter of Housing and how COVID-19 has accelerated the use of technology in the sector. This was a 90 minute session with two panel discussions. Details on the sessions can be found below. Agenda:
1:30 PM - Up, Down, Flat: Housing’s Next Chapter
- How has housing performed during the COVID19 pandemic
- What can we expect for sales, starts and prices in 2020 and 2021
- How has COVID19 changed the long-term outlook for housing
- What’s in store for mortgage lending going forward
- Cris deRitis, Senior Director, Chief Deputy Economist, Moody's Analytics (Moderator)
- Michael Fratantoni, Chief Economist, Senior Vice President, Research and Industry Technology, Mortgage Bankers Association
2:10 PM - COVID-19 and Technology in the Housing Market
- How this unprecedented shock has accelerated the use of technology throughout the residential mortgage and real estate value chain
- Which process changes are here to stay, and which ones will ultimately revert back
- New potential risks in the system from technology adoption
- Is the sector missing opportunities to go further?
- Luisa De Gaetano, Associate Managing Director, RMBS, Moody’s Investors Service (Moderator)
- Bill Emerson, Vice Chairman, Quicken Loans and Rock Holdings, Inc.
- Ryan Schneider, President and Chief Executive Officer, Realogy Holdings Corp.
- Faith Schwartz, President, Housing Finance Strategies