Moody's hosted a CRE update webinar on Thursday, June 4 to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on Multifamily.
- There seems to be a consensus that multifamily will emerge from the COVID-19 crisis in relatively better shape than other property types like hotel and retail. What factors drive this assessment?
- Are there geographic markets that will fare better or worse?
- Are there segments of multifamily debt markets that appear to be hit harder by COVID-19, versus others?
- What risks do market players need to consider (and may not be thinking through properly) given the uncertainties of COVID-19? Are there subtypes in rental housing that will not escape relatively unscathed?
- Cristina Pieretti, Managing Director-Head of REIS, Moody’s Analytics REIS (Moderator)
- Keith Banhazl, Managing Director, CMBS Surveillance & CRE CLOs, Moody’s Investors Service
- Kim Betancourt, CRE, Director of Economics and Multifamily Research, Fannie Mae
- Victor Calanog PhD, Head of CRE Economics, Moody’s Analytics REIS